5. The Power of Transformation
- To explore the human potential for transformation as expressed in literary works for children and adolescents.
- To explore through dialogue the human potential for transformation and our individual responsibility to work towards equity, justice, and peace in our communities.
- To catalyze students’ reflections by analyzing social conditions and challenging the idea that the way things are is the only way they can be.
- To understand that naming injustice is the first step in the struggle towards eliminating it.
- To use the writing process to develop a greater understanding, expressiveness, sense of confidence, and power.